Waiting for the train/ Gear Info

Sitting here in Santiago waiting for the train to Madrid and thought I would review some of my gear.


Most importantly footwear.

For shoes I chose the Salomon Speedcross 4.  I chose trail runners because they are lightweight and comfortable. They feature a very agressive tread design that provides exellent traction on most surfaces.   On the other hand they do not last as long as boots, I have about 700 miles on them and the center treads are basically gone.  Not an issue for me because I am an REI member and get free replacments within a year.  I also think Salomon has a year warrenty on them.







Shades next...

I wore Oakley Holbrooks (Daniel Defense Edition) and they provided excellent protection against the sun.






For my backpack I had an Osprey Talon 33 (33 liter pack).  It was just about the perfect size.  I liked the pockets on the hip straps for spare change, chapstick and my Streamlight.  The seperate pouch for my water bladder was also a nice feature.  No complaints.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

8 Aug, Mürren-Schilthorn-Rotstockhutte

9 Aug, Rotstockhutte to Gimmelwald